For the Ride of Your Life:


"It may well be that there is no human urge more fundamental than that of making a mark"-

In the words of Chuck Close: "You Just Have to Show Up



"I would like to make something that is real in itself," [Arthur Dove] once wrote, "that does not remind anyone of any other thing, and that does not have to be explained like the letter A, for instance."

“Art is never an end in itself; it is only an instrument for tracing the lines of lives.”

—Gilles Deleuze and Felix Guattari (qtd. in West)

~~~~~~~

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chuggin' on the Rail-February 2, 2010

Well, the deadline for Mentor forms is Friday and I have yet to secure a mentor. Have contacted at least eight professionals with no resolution in sight. My advisor has been working to find new suggestions and I have taken to the internet in search of listings through museums, galleries and arts communities. There are some really inspiring artists out there.. Pray for my success.

On the bright side, my studio work has consisted of many, many journal entries and sketches with works that are just waiting to materialize. My goal is to form more of a focus, as well as play with different mediums and ideas. This excites me.

At first I felt that I was slacking off because I have only created one piece, but the sketches and ideas are flowing and I do not want to stop them. A writer reminded me today of the old addage..."Success is 10% inspiration, 90% persperation".Then he added... "You have to get in there and rip it out from inside of you"

Saturday and Sunday in the studio is looking really good to me right now. So I just keep chuggin' on the uphill rail waiting for that stomach turning "Weeeeee" factor on the downhill thrillto appear! Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment